Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called Film Quiz Friday. 30 questions, including questions about movie weddings…
As Peter Cook’s character says in The Princess Bride, “Mawwiage is what bwings us together” and in this week’s film quiz, we’ve got a round themed around movie weddings. Just as the brilliant new comedy Polite Society has martial arts and a family conspiracy collide at a wedding, (read Lauren’s review here) we cover all sorts of genres in that round and the rounds on either side.
Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week) and leave us any other lovely feedback. No gifts please, we’re just excited to have you here!
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
- 1983 – What is the title of Star Wars Episode VI, back in cinemas this week for its 40th anniversary?
- 2000 – Who plays Patrick Bateman in American Psycho?
- 1998 – “H2O!” is a repeated quote from which Adam Sandler comedy?
- 1981 – Born this week, who plays Sue Storm in the Fantastic Four movies of the 2000s?
- 1947 – Sister Clodagh, Sister Ruth, and Sister Honey are characters in which British psychological drama?
- 2019 – The Curse Of La Llorona is the sixth instalment in which horror franchise?
- 2007 – Who plays Sarah Marshall in Forgetting Sarah Marshall?
- 1974 – Also born this week, who connects the 2001 films Blow, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, and Vanilla Sky?
- 1992 – Complete the title of this film starring Rebecca de Mornay: The Hand That Rocks The…
- 2015 – Who directed the walrus-transformation horror comedy Tusk?
ROUND TWO – Weddings on Film
- Who connects the movies My Best Friend’s Wedding, Runaway Bride, and Ticket To Paradise?
- Which 2011 comedy earned Melissa McCarthy her first Oscar nomination?
- What is the name of the villainous lord who wants to marry Princess Fiona in the first Shrek film?
- Which 2019 horror comedy revolves around a wedding-night game of hide and seek at the Le Domas family mansion?
- Which relative of Don Corleone gets married in the opening sequence of The Godfather – his son or his daughter?
- What is the UK title of the comedy threequel American Wedding?
- In Mamma Mia!, who plays mother of the bride Donna Sheridan?
- Which 2020 comedy sees Andy Samberg and Cristin Milioti reliving the same wedding over and over again?
- “Get Me To The Church On Time” is a stag-night number from which 1964 movie musical?
- Which Hobbit marries Rosie Cotton at the end of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
- The Average Joes and the Purple Cobras are rival teams in which 2004 sports comedy?
- Which acting sibling is older – Ralph Fiennes or Joseph Fiennes?
- Which literary character connects Dustin Hoffman, Jason Isaacs, and Jude Law?
- What word goes before Gordon and after Jumpin’ Jack to make the titles of two different 1980s movies?
- In the news! Denzel Washington will return as Robert McCall in the third instalment of which action franchise?
- What sport connects the movies Cinderella Man, Grudge Match, and Teen Wolf Too?
- Frances Gumm was the real name of which American movie star?
- In which decade is 2017’s Wonder Woman mostly set?
- Whose movie characters include Elizabeth Bennet, Domino Harvey, and Anna Karenina?
- And finally, “When he said I do, he never told her what he did” is the tagline for which 1990s action movie?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page) and let us know your scores in the comments below.
We’ll be back next Friday with another film quiz, but until then, why not catch up with Season 1 of our suitably named film quiz podcast, The Film Quiz Podcast, which features Nick Helm asking movie questions and occasionally berating contestants for getting them wrong.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.