Here are the answers to our quiz from 10th March 2023 – how did you do?
1. Which real-life figure is played by Ana de Armas in Blonde?
2. What is the full title of the second Avatar film?
Avatar: The Way Of Water
3. Which country connects The Banshees Of Inisherin, The Quiet Girl, and Best Actor nominee Paul Mescal?
4. Which streaming service produced Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio?
5. Which comic-book movie has more Oscar nominations this year – The Batman or Black Panther: Wakanda Forever?
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has 5, to The Batman’s 3
6. Which Best Actor nominee plays Elvis Presley in Elvis?
7. Rian Johnson is nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing which sequel?
8. Complete the title of the Best Costume Design contender – Mrs Harris Goes To…
9. Up for Best Original Score, which 90-year-old composer is now the oldest competitive Oscar nominee of all time?
John Williams, who bagged his 53rd Oscar nomination for The Fabelmans
10. Captain Pete Mitchell is the title character of which Best Picture nominee?
He’s Maverick, in Top Gun: Maverick
11. Which 2001 film was the first-ever Best Animated Feature Oscar winner – Shrek, Monsters Inc, or Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius?
12. Which Japanese studio created Spirited Away?
13. What is the name of the talking snowman in Frozen and its sequel?
14. What role connects Chris Pine, Jake Johnson, and Nicolas Cage in 2018’s Best Animated Feature?
They all voice Peter Parkers in Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
15. Which Pixar film gets a roundabout live-action remake in this year’s Oscar frontrunner Everything Everywhere All At Once?
Ratatouille (or Raccacoonie, pictured)
16. What type of business do Wallace and Gromit operate in The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit?
17. Baymax is a major character in which Disney film?
Big Hero 6
18. What type of animal is Rango in 2011’s Rango?
He’s a chameleon
19. Which previous Oscar winner voiced the penguins Ramón, Cletus, and Lovelace in Happy Feet?
20. Which 2010 film was the most recent film to be nominated for both Best Picture and Best Animated Feature?
Toy Story 3
21. Welsh singer Tom Jones made his film acting debut in 1963’s Best Picture Tom Jones. True or false?
False – but he did get his stage name from the film
22. Whose Oscar-nominated performances include the title characters Roman J. Israel, Lord Macbeth, and Malcolm X?
Denzel Washington, in Roman J Israel Esq., The Tragedy Of Macbeth, and Malcolm X, respectively
23. For which 2006 film did Martin Scorsese win his Best Director Oscar?
24. Who won Best Actor for playing Judah Ben-Hur in 1959’s Ben Hur?
25. What connects The Hurt Locker, Nomadland, The Power Of The Dog, and no other Best Director winners to date?
They’re all directed by women – Kathryn Bigelow, Chloe Zhao, and Jane Campion, respectively
26. “Act like you own the place” is the tagline for which 2019 film?
27. Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell both won Oscars for acting in which 2017 crime drama?
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
28. Steven Soderbergh was double-nominated for Best Director at the 73rd Oscars, but which film won him the gold – Erin Brockovich or Traffic?
29. Born this week in 1946, who won Best Actress for playing Sally Bowles in 1972’s Cabaret?
30. And finally, which 1930 Best Picture winner shares its name with one of this year’s Best Picture nominees?
All Quiet On The Western Front
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.