Here are the answers to our quiz from 14th April 2023 – how did you do?
1. In cinemas this week! Nicholas Hoult plays which assistant of Dracula in a new horror comedy of the same name?
Renfield, in Renfield
2. Dr Zaius is a major character in which classic sci-fi movie?
Planet Of The Apes
3. Who does Keanu Reeves play in the Bill & Ted trilogy: Bill or Ted?
He plays Ted “Theodore” Logan!
4. Who plays multiverse-hopping murderer Gabriel Yulaw, and his variants, in the sci-fi action movie The One?
5. “All he wanted to do was dance” is a tagline for which teen movie?
6. Shaun Riley is the title character of which horror comedy?
Shaun Of The Dead
7. Both born this week, Ron Perlman and David Harbour are connected by which comic book character?
8. Which sci-fi film connects Tom Cruise, Andrea Riseborough, and Morgan Freeman?
9. Who plays Muriel Heslop in Muriel’s Wedding?
10. Published 70 years ago this week, which novel connects a 1967 comedy starring David Niven and a 2006 movie starring Daniel Craig?
11. Voiced by Jack Black, Po is the title character of which animated franchise?
Kung Fu Panda
12. What type of shop is Be Kind Rewind in Be Kind Rewind?
It’s a VHS rental shop
13. Sonic Death Monkey and Kathleen Turner Overdrive are the names of Black’s character’s band in which 2000 comedy?
14. Which children’s horror author does Black play in Goosebumps?
15. Which director connects School Of Rock, Bernie, and Apollo 10.5: A Space Adventure?
16. Which Nintendo villain does Black voice in 2023’s The Super Mario Bros Movie?
17. Complete the title of the 2006 musical comedy – Tenacious D In The Pick Of… what?
18. In The Holiday, what Hollywood job does Black’s character Miles do for a living?
He’s a film composer
19. What is the name of the dog that Black kicks off a bridge in Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy?
20. Other than Black, which actor connects 2002’s Orange County, 2005’s King Kong, and both Jumanji sequels?
Colin Hanks co-stars in all four films
21. In the news! Also born this week, which Star Wars star will reportedly reprise her role as Rey in a new movie?
22. In the Austin Powers films, Austin Powers was cryogenically frozen in what decade?
23. Who directed the 1970s films Dark Star, Assault On Precinct 13 and Halloween?
24. Who plays Clark Kent and Superman in 1983’s Superman III?
25. What is the full title of 2019’s fifth (and final?) Rambo movie?
Rambo: Last Blood
26. What surname connects siblings Chas, Richie, and Margot in a 2001 comedy-drama?
Tenenbaum, in The Royal Tenenbaums
27. How many Johnny English movies have been released to date?
28. What word goes before Artemis, Mumbai, and Transylvania to make the titles of three 2010s movies?
Hotel, as in Hotel Artemis, Hotel Mumbai, and Hotel Transylvania
29. Which New Zealand actor plays grown-up antichrist Damien Thorn in Omen III: The Final Conflict?
30. And finally, which 2015 movie is the highest-grossing 18-certificate movie of all time at the UK box office?
Fifty Shades Of Grey
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.