Here are the answers to our quiz from 16th December 2022 – how did you do?
1. Who made his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut playing himself in this year’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special?
2. Who connects the characters Ebenezer Scrooge, Lloyd Christmas, and the Grinch?
3. Who plays Carol Aird in 2015’s Carol?
4. Born this week in 1947, who plays Christmas number one contender Billy Mack in Love Actually?
5. Who won an Oscar for playing Kris Kringle in 1947’s Miracle On 34th Street?
6. Who plays Dr Christmas Jones in the James Bond film The World Is Not Enough?
7. Who memorably dresses up as a gun-toting Santa Claus in Trading Places – Eddie Murphy or Dan Aykroyd?
8. Who directed 1984’s Gremlins and its sequel?
9. Who connects the Christmas-set films Happiest Season and Spencer?
10. Who’s next in this Christmas movie sequence – Martin Freeman > David Tennant > …?
Martin Clunes (these are the top-billed teachers in the Nativity! movies, Clunes takes over in Dude Where’s My Donkey?)
11. Three Peter Parkers team up to fight off two bungling burglars.
Spider-Man: No Way Home Alone
12. Clive Owen battles a Saxon army to deliver a bicycle to Cornwall by dawn.
King Arthur Christmas
13. US Marshal Rooster Cogburn discovers what life would be like if he’d never been born.
True Grit’s A Wonderful Life
14. Alien criminal Vin Diesel joins forces with sorority sisters to fight a seasonal slasher.
Pitch Black Christmas
15. Arnold Schwarzenegger goes last-minute shopping during a family holiday at a water park.
Jingle All The Way Way Back
16. Kate Winslet swaps houses with Bub in George A. Romero’s third zombie film.
The Holiday Of The Dead
17. Detective Virgil Tibbs travels to a small town to investigate the Pumpkin King’s attempts to steal Christmas.
In The Heat Of The Nightmare Before Christmas
18. Two awkward teenagers plan to lose their virginity and rob a mall on Christmas Eve.
19. Amanda Bynes poses as her twin Dan Stevens, the author of A Christmas Carol.
She’s The Man Who Invented Christmas
20. Bing Crosby sings “White Christmas” inside Martin Short.
21. Channel 4’s The Snowman turns 40 this year – in the classic short, what colour is the Snowman’s hat and scarf?
22. Who gets an invisibility cloak for Christmas in a 2001 fantasy film?
Harry Potter, in Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone
23. Complete the title of the 2022 comedy starring Asa Butterfield – Your Christmas Or…?
24. Which Steven Spielberg-directed film climaxes with Frank Abagnale Jr being arrested on Christmas Eve?
Catch Me If You Can
25. Originally released by Bobby Helms in 1957, which Christmas song do the Plastics perform at the Christmas pageant in Mean Girls?
“Jingle Bell Rock”
26. Al Powell, Richard Thornburg, and Harry Ellis are all characters in which Christmas movie?
27. Which 2019 comic-book movie climaxes with Billy Batson and his foster family fighting monsters at a Christmas fair?
28. In Bruges is mostly set in which country?
29. Complete the title of the 1955 Christmas comedy starring Humphrey Bogart – We’re No…
30. And finally, which Best Picture Oscar winner’s title suggests something that will be televised for the first time ever at 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Day 2022?
The King’s Speech, as in King Charles III’s Christmas Day speech
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.