Here are the answers to our quiz from 19th August 2022 – how did you do?
1. Complete the title of the blockbuster sequel – Terminator 2…
… Judgement Day
2. Where does movie star Norma Desmond live in the Billy Wilder classic of the same name?
On Sunset Boulevard, in Sunset Boulevard
3. Which action comedy connects Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer, and Taika Waititi?
4. Born this week, who won a Best Actress Oscar for her performance in 2012’s Silver Linings Playbook?
5. What is the name of Hans Gruber’s big brother, played by Jeremy Irons in Die Hard With A Vengeance?
Simon, as in “Simon says…”
6. Who directed The Man From U.N.C.L.E?
7. Also born this week, Ahmed Best is best known for playing which Star Wars character?
Jar Jar Binks
8. Who plays kickboxer Kurt Sloane in the action movie Kickboxer?
Jean-Claude Van Damme
9. Which grown-up friend of Winnie the Pooh does Ewan McGregor play in the Disney film of the same name?
Christopher Robin, in Christopher Robin
10. “Science Fiction/Double Feature” is the opening and closing song from which movie musical?
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
11. After going on holiday by mistake, Robert Downey Jr finds a technological solution to his lack of acting jobs.
Withnail And Iron Man
12. Gary Oldman is disturbed to discover that international espionage is full of children.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Kids
13. Matt Damon makes a fresh start by purchasing a male model in a professional slump.
We Bought A Zoolander
14. Samuel L Jackson and colleagues tangle with a racehorse of a different colour.
Deep Blue Seabiscuit
15. 1970s New York drug kingpin Denzel Washington reminisces about being Paul Bettany in 1960s London.
American Gangster No. 1
16. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones obsess over playing the lead in a Tchaikovsky ballet.
Men In Black Swan
17. Daniel Kaluuya has a terrible weekend in a car boot with Jennifer Lopez.
Get Out Of Sight
18. Three children fly from London to a magical realm of fauns, fairies, and the Pale Man.
Peter Pan’s Labyrinth
19. Charlie Sheen is mentored by corporate raider and military dictator M. Bison.
Wall Street Fighter
20. Batman battles homicidal maniacs in Gotham City and then searches for Melanie Griffith in Los Angeles.
The Dark Knight Moves
21. What word goes after Funny, Patriot, and War to make the names of at least three other movies?
Games, as in Funny Games, (either version) Patriot Games, and WarGames
22. Who plays Beatrix Kiddo in the Kill Bill movies?
23. In which 2015 sci-fi comedy does Adam Sandler battle an invasion of alien video-game characters?
24. In cinemas this week! One And All is the sequel to which 2019 comedy-drama?
25. “There’s no crying in baseball!” is a quote from which 1992 sports comedy?
A League Of Their Own
26. Which of these acting siblings was born first – Dakota Fanning or Elle Fanning?
Dakota Fanning (she’s 4 years older than Elle)
27. Which film originally featured the Oscar-nominated song “Rainbow Connection”?
The Muppet Movie
28. Who connects the 1990s movies Boyz N The Hood, Event Horizon, and The Matrix?
29. Also in cinemas this week! First Kill is the prequel to which 2009 horror film?
30. And finally, which Australian actor plays Perseus in 2010’s Clash Of The Titans and its sequel?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.