Here are the answers to our quiz from 24th July 2020 – how did you do?
- Who plays the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves? – Alan Rickman
- “Somewhere Out There” is a song from which animated film? – An American Tail
- As of Star Trek Beyond, how many Star Trek feature films have been released to date? – 13 (6 with the original crew, 4 with The Next Generation's crew, and 3 more in the alternate-universe reboot)
- In Happy Gilmore, Adam Sandler pivots from hockey to which sport? – Golf
- According to Inside Out, the five basic emotions are Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger and… what? – Disgust
- Born this week, who connects the films Anaconda, Monster-In-Law, and Hustlers? – Jennifer Lopez
- Which Sylvester Stallone comic-book movie is set in Mega-City One? – Judge Dredd
- Which movie musical remake stars John Travolta as Edna Turnblad? – Hairspray
- Which comic actor stars as criminal-turned-hacker Gus Gorman in Superman III? – Richard Pryor
- Which French actor provides the voice of Mufasa in the French dubbed version of The Lion King? – Jean Reno
- Survival horror with an icy grip (2010) and Disney film with “Let It Go” (2013) – Frozen
- A pre-Oscar Cuba Gooding Jr (1992) and an Oscar-winning Russell Crowe (2000) – Gladiator
- Bong Joon-ho romp (2006) and Stephenie Meyer adaptation (2013) – The Host
- Hitchcockian suspense thriller (1946) and B.I.G. music biopic (2009) – Notorious
- One Tom (1985) and two Toms (2015) – Legend
- Controversial auto-erotic thriller (1996) and controversial Best Picture winner (2005) – Crash
- Charlie Chaplin looks after a boy (1921) and Bruce Willis looks after himself (2000) – The Kid
- Farcical Chris Farley comedy (1996) and woolly New Zealand splatter (2006) – Black Sheep
- Sam Raimi’s supernatural mystery (2000) and Joel Edgerton’s directorial debut (2015) – The Gift
- The hunt for a girl called River (2005) and the hunt for a fish called Justice (2019) – Serenity
- Who played the title role in 1998’s The Man In The Iron Mask? – Leonardo DiCaprio
- Hazel, Fiver, and Bigwig are characters in which 1970s animated movie? – Watership Down
- Who connects the films Bruce Almighty, The 40 Year Old Virgin, and Little Miss Sunshine? – Steve Carell
- Which picture-book monster appears in Jennifer Kent’s 2014 horror movie of the same name? – The Babadook
- Which role did Mark Addy take over from John Goodman in a 2000 sequel? – Fred Flintstone (in Viva Rock Vegas)
- According to the BBFC’s annual report, which 15-certificate film was the most-complained-about release of 2019? – Joker (find out more here)
- In which UK city is Trainspotting set? – Edinburgh
- What is the full title of the second Gremlins movie? – Gremlins 2: The New Batch
- Complete the title of this 2008 teen romcom – Angus, Thongs And … Perfect Snogging
- Who plays the Big Lebowski in The Big Lebowski? – That would be the late, great David Huddleston.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.