Here are the answers to our quiz from 27th October 2023 – how did you do?
1. What is the real name of “The Shape” in Halloween and its sequels?
2. Which actor co-stars with her real-life daughter Jamie Lee Curtis in 1980’s The Fog?
3. In The Thing, what animal’s form does the shapeshifting alien take on its first appearance?
It’s a dog (an Alaskan Malamute hybrid)
4. Ancient sorcerer Lo Pan is the villain in which Carpenter movie?
Big Trouble In Little China
5. Which rock band play themselves in the 2022 horror comedy Studio 666, featuring an original score and a cameo appearance by Carpenter?
6. Complete the title of the 1994 film starring Sam Neill: In The Mouth Of… ?
7. In 1983’s Christine, who or what is Christine?
She’s a car (a 1958 Plymouth Fury)
8. Which actor connects the films Halloween, Escape From New York, and Prince Of Darkness?
9. What type of movie monster does James Woods hunt in the 1998 neo-western of the same name?
Vampires, in Vampires
10. Complete the modern Halloween trilogy that Carpenter scored: Halloween > Halloween Kills > …?
11. Winston Zeddemore is a character in Poltergeist.
False – he’s Ernie Hudson’s character in Ghostbusters and its sequels
12. Chocolate syrup was used as blood in Night Of The Living Dead.
True – the film’s black-and-white photography disguises this special effect
13. During the filming of Jaws, George Lucas got his head stuck in the mechanical shark.
True – a prank went wrong when Steven Spielberg closed the famously faulty shark’s mouth on Lucas’ head
14. In Candyman, the Candyman appears when characters say “Candyman” three times.
False – you do have to say it three times, then two more times, for five in total
15. Actor Leigh Whannell plays the invisible man in 2020’s The Invisible Man.
False – Oliver Jackson-Cohen played the title role, Whannell directed it
16. A musical version of The Evil Dead has toured theatres around the world since 2003.
True – you can find the show’s official website here
17. Director Peter Jackson was born on Halloween.
True – and happy birthday to him for next Tuesday!
18. 1973’s The Exorcist is based on a true story.
False – you can quibble about what inspired the story, but the film is an adaptation of William Peter Blatty’s novel
19. Final Destination was originally going to be an episode of The X-Files.
True – Jeffrey Reddick wrote the story as a TV spec script and then reworked it as a feature film
20. Tobin Bell is the only person to have acted in all ten Saw movies to date.
False – John Kramer’s photo appears in 2021’s Spiral, but it’s the only one that doesn’t star Bell
21. In which horror franchise did Wes Craven direct more entries – A Nightmare On Elm Street or Scream?
Craven made four Scream movies, but only directed the first Nightmare On Elm Street and 1994’s New Nightmare
22. Which family-friendly spooky movie has a 2004 sequel subtitled Monsters Unleashed?
23. Whose screen characters include Darkness, Pennywise, and Dr Frank-N-Furter?
Tim Curry, in 1985’s Legend, 1990’s It miniseries, and 1975’s The Rocky Horror Picture Show, respectively
24. What disembodied body part features prominently in 2023’s Talk To Me – a hand, a head, or a heart?
25. Which Disney film did the BBFC deem too scary for unaccompanied under-16s upon its original UK release in 1937?
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs – we’ve covered the previously covered the story here
26. In which 2019 film does Lupita Nyong’o play Adelaide Wilson and her doppelgänger?
27. In cinemas now! Eddie Izzard plays the title character in which new Hammer horror film?
28. Who connects the 1990s films The Addams Family, Casper, and Sleepy Hollow?
29. Complete the title of the 1988 horror spoof starring George Clooney – Return Of The Killer… what?
30. And finally, paraskevidekatriaphobia is the fear of which horror movie franchise title?
Friday the 13th, as in Friday The 13th
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.