Here are the answers to our quiz from 5th October 2023 – how did you do?
1. Complete the title of the Disney fantasy movie: Bedknobs &…?
2. Who plays the older version of Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s hitman character in Looper?
3. Which psychological thriller inspired the slang term “bunny boiler”?
4. In the news! “On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was” is a quote from which teen comedy?
5. Born this week, who plays Jennifer Parker in Back To The Future Part II and Part III, but not the first one?
6. Back in cinemas this week for Disney’s 100th anniversary, which animated feature has title characters called Tiana and Naveen?
The Princess And The Frog
7. Who directed the fantasy comedy Erik The Viking: Terry Gilliam or Terry Jones?
8. Bomb disposal officer Jack Traven is the main character in which action movie?
9. Which Tom Hanks movie is based on a graphic novel by Max Allan Collins and Richard Piers Rayner?
Road To Perdition
10. Also born this week, who made her film debut as Juliet Hulme in 1994’s Heavenly Creatures?
11. In which 1965 spy film did Caine first play British intelligence officer Harry Palmer?
The Ipcress File
12. In 1987’s Without A Clue, which character does Dr John Watson hire Caine’s drunken theatre actor to portray?
13. Caine has featured in eight Christopher Nolan films to date, most recently as “Sir Michael” in which 2020 sci-fi thriller?
14. “What’s it all about?” is the tagline to which 1966 comedy-drama?
15. What type of insect goes bananas in 1978’s The Swarm: bees or wasps?
16. Which Woody Allen film won Caine his first Best Supporting Actor Oscar?
Hannah And Her Sisters
17. … And which Lasse Hallström film won him his second Best Supporting Actor Oscar?
The Cider House Rules
18. Which action star directed Caine in 1994’s On Deadly Ground?
19. “Pull my finger” is a repeated quote by Caine in which 2006 dystopian thriller?
Children Of Men
20. Caine appears in both 1971’s Get Carter and its 2000 remake: true or false?
True – he plays Carter in the original and club manager Cliff Brumby in the remake
21. In cinemas now! What is the full title of the new Exorcist sequel directed by David Gordon Green?
The Exorcist: Believer
22. Who stars as private investigator Sam Spade in 1941’s The Maltese Falcon?
23. In which 1991 music biopic does Val Kilmer play singer Jim Morrison?
24. Who connects the 2010s movies Chalet Girl, A Monster Calls, and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?
25. Seahaven is the fictional island setting of which 1998 film?
The Truman Show
26. Who plays Roxanne Kowalski in the 1987 romantic comedy Roxanne?
27. Which Best Picture Oscar winner credits Doug Jones as “The Amphibian Man”?
The Shape Of Water
28. Who connects the 2010s movies Cop Out, Red State, and Yoga Hosers?
They’re all directed by Kevin Smith
29. Which movie had the higher worldwide box-office total: Crocodile Dundee or Crocodile Dundee II?
30. And finally – also in cinemas now, The Great Escaper is the final film starring which two-time Oscar-winning English actor and politician?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.