DC’s latest superhero film Blue Beetle is heading to digital next week – and you can own it on physical media in October.
Another day, another superhero film gets released! If you missed DC’s Blue Beetle in cinemas, you can watch it from the comfort of your own home as soon as next week. We have it on good authority that the film is a decent addition to James Gunn’s ever-growing DC Studios brand.
The film acts as an origin story for the titular superhero, played by Xolo Maridueña. In the film, young Jamie Reyes comes across a mythical Scarab that transforms him into a superhero. He then has to fight bad guys.
Warner Bros. has announced full plans for Blue Beetle’s home entertainment release. If you’re not fussed about physical media, you can purchase the film digitally from 25 September onward.
If you love physical media, though, here’s everything you need to know about Blue Beetle’s disc release.
Ángel Manuel Soto’s superhero fable will be available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on October 30. If that tickles your fancy, you can purchase it here.
Naturally, the film comes with plenty of tantalising extra features. These are:
- “Generations: Blue Beetle” – 4-part documentary
- Told in distinct chapters, explore the journeys of actors and filmmakers bringing “Blue Beetle” to the big screen for the first time ever. Audiences will be immersed in the POV of filmmakers who showcase their experiences on set and in their creative studios making the story of this DC character a reality.
- Nana Knows Best – featurette
- Witness Nana’s transformation from an adorable ‘abuelita’ into a machine gun-wielding revolutionary, and stop in for a few of her most fun moments on set throughout production.
- Scarab Vision – 2-part featurette
- Xolo Maridueña hosts this series of scene study walk throughs that showcases how the scarab works and the role it plays in some of Blue Beetle’s most epic moments.
These extras are included in all versions of the film, which is a pleasant surprise.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.