Ready for a quiet Halloween? The legendary BBC television film Ghostwatch is coming to Blu-ray for the first time.
Come at me with all the horror movies you want, but nothing’s going to come close for me to watching the BBC drama Ghostwatch for the first time. I was a teenager, in the house by myself, and I’d missed the first minute or two that billed it as a drama. Most of the ensuing 90 minutes remains burned firmly in my head.
Ghostwatch is television movie, if you’ve not heard of it, that remains famous and infamous in the annals of British TV history. If it gets your hooks into you, it’s bloody terrifying. And now, just to ensure another few nights without sleep, it’s arriving on Blu-ray for the first time.
The disc release lands, fittingly, on October 31st, and it’ll be a limited edition release too. Brand new extras in this one as well, with the line up reading as follows…
- ‘Do You Believe in Ghosts?’, a brand new 30th anniversary documentary on the Ghostwatch phenomenon
- Commentary with film historians Shellie McMurdo and Stella Gaynor
- Commentary with writer Stephen Volk, producer Ruth Baumgarten and director Lesley Manning
- Shooting Reality by Lesley Manning
- Limited Edition Booklet: Includes ‘Extra Sensory Perception Management’ by Sarah Appleton, ‘Ghostwatch – As it Happened’ by Tim Murray and short story ‘31/10’ by Ghostwatch writer Stephen Volk
- Reproduced script, annotated by director Lesley Manning
- Set of six art cards
The set is available for order now, and you can find out more information – and order yourself a copy – right here.
We’ll leave you with the artwork…
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.