This week’s film quiz is brought to you by the number 4, with 30 questions about fourth instalments and other famous Fours on film.
Every fourth instalment has to be somebody’s favourite, right? As Expend4bles hits cinemas and takes the bold, Fant4stic approach of caving in its own title with the number 4, this week’s film quiz takes on movie quartets (or “quadrilogies”, if you like) and fourth instalments in between lots of other movie teasers.
Once you’ve completed all 30 questions, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 32 this week!!!) and leave us any other lovely feedback. Remember, there are three rounds – there will not be a fourth…
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
This round is about UK cinema releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 1996 – Escape From L.A. is the sequel to which 1981 sci-fi adventure?
- 2004 – Who plays hitman passenger Vincent in Collateral?
- 1987 – Back in cinemas this week, which horror movie marks the first screen appearance of “Pinhead” and the Cenobites?
- 2015 – Which historical figure is the subject of the Horrible Histories spin-off comedy Bill?
- 1971 – Born this week, who connects the 2000s comedies Charlie’s Angels, Legally Blonde, and Old School?
- 1984 – According to its tagline, which comedy “Does for rock and roll what The Sound Of Music did for hills”?
- 1976 – In The Omen, Damien has a distinctive birthmark shaped like what numbers?
- 2010 – Which future Oscar winner received her first Best Actress nomination for playing Ree in Winter’s Bone?
- 1966 – The Proteus is a microscopic submarine in which classic sci-fi film?
- 1982 – Also born this week, who directed, wrote, and starred in the 2019 British film Rare Beasts?
ROUND TWO – The All Fours Round
- Bride Of Chucky is the fourth film (and the first not to use the same title) in which horror movie series?
- Who plays Lady Thor in Thor: Love And Thunder?
- The Doof Warrior is a character in which Oscar-worthy fourth instalment?
- Who plays Aaron Cross in The Bourne Legacy?
- Released in 1997, the fourth Vacation movie is set in which US city?
- What is the full title of the fourth Superman movie starring Christopher Reeve?
- Who directed 2011’s Scream 4?
- What is the name of Yahya Abdul-Mateen II’s character in The Matrix Resurrections?
- Later an Oscar winner, who plays Julie Pierce, the next karate kid in The Next Karate Kid?
- What comes fourth in this sequence – Ocean’s Eleven > Ocean’s Twelve > Ocean’s Thirteen > …?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- Which 2010 British comedy’s poster depicts an explosive device strapped to a crow?
- Who was born earliest – Tom Hanks or Meg Ryan?
- Which 1998 fantasy romance connects Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, and Dianne Wiest?
- The American music group Quad City DJs provided the title song for which 1996 animated comedy?
- DIVERSE IDEAL is an anagram of which 2023 horror movie title?
- What word goes after Cutthroat, Fantasy, and Shutter to make the titles of three different movies?
- Miranda Priestley is a major character in which 2006 comedy-drama?
- Who plays Pluto Nash in 2002’s The Adventures Of Pluto Nash?
- In the news! Samuel L. Jackson, Sylvester Stallone, and the Muppets have all starred in UK TV adverts for which company?
- And finally, for a point each, name the four actors who play the title characters in 2015’s Fant4stic, a.k.a. Fantastic 4? (4 points)
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page) and let us know your scores in the comments below.
We’ll be back next Friday with another film quiz, but until then, why not catch up with Season 1 of our suitably named film quiz podcast, The Film Quiz Podcast, which features Nick Helm asking movie questions and occasionally berating contestants for getting them wrong.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.