How well do you know your movie initialisms? This week’s film quiz separates the MIB from the CODA…
As The Suicide Squad’s Captain Boomerang once said, “all names are letters”, but this is Film Quiz Friday, or F.Q.F. as the cool kids are calling it, and this week’s middle bit is all about the initials, whether it’s a movie title or an actor’s name. Basically, this quiz has got more letters than the 1922 Committee. (Topical!)
Once you’ve completed all 30 questions, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. Keep track of your answers by the way, there will be a test at the end…
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
- 1958 – Born this week, who plays Aragorn in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy?
- 1984 – What is the full title of the sequel to 1982’s Conan The Barbarian?
- 1978 – “Bright Eyes” by Art Garfunkel originally featured on the soundtrack of which animated film?
- 1996 – Who provides the voice of Draco the last dragon in DragonHeart?
- 2012 – Room 237 is a documentary about the meaning of which 1980s horror movie?
- 1991 – Jack Palance won an Oscar for playing Curly Washburn in which comedy western?
- 1988 – In which comedy do Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia duet on a walking piano?
- 2007 – Who plays fallen star Yvaine in Stardust?
- 1993 – Who wrote the screenplay for True Romance?
- 2010 – What type of animals are the title characters in Zack Snyder’s animated epic, Legend Of The Guardians?
ROUND TWO – Quebec Uniform India Zulu
- “Here come the MIBs” is a lyric from which 1997 blockbuster’s theme song?
- Which Oliver Stone-directed drama connects Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, and Tommy Lee Jones?
- In this year’s Best Picture Oscar winner, what do the initials CODA stand for?
- In which comic book movie are Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and Morgan Freeman designated “retired, extremely dangerous”?
- Jonathan Kimble are the first names of which Oscar-winning actor?
- What does the film certificate PG stand for?
- Which 1997 sci-fi drama connects Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, and Jude Law?
- In which country is 2022’s epic action drama RRR set?
- Which 2000s sci-fi action franchise is stylised as AVP in its marketing?
- What does the L stand for in Samuel L. Jackson’s name?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
- Which 2022 drama marked Channing Tatum’s feature directorial debut?
- Who plays “Fast” Eddie Felson in 1961’s The Hustler and 1986’s The Color Of Money?
- Complete the trilogy – Blade, Blade II…
- Back in cinemas this week! The Freeling family are the main characters in which 1982 horror movie?
- Who connects the 1990s films Nuns On The Run, The Pope Must Die, and GoldenEye?
- In the news! What name connects a party game, an ice-cream lolly, and the second highest-grossing movie of 1996?
- Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of Janet Leigh and which Hollywood legend?
- How many Ace Ventura movies has Jim Carrey starred in to date?
- Which 2014 comedy-drama follows the Lesbians and Gays Support the Miners movement in 1980s Britain?
- And finally, which family movie’s title character is described by adding together the answers to Questions 7, 14, and 21?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz! When you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page) and let us know your scores did in the comments below.
We’ll be back next Friday with a special Halloween-themed quiz, but until then, catch up with Season 1 of our film quiz podcast, The Film Quiz Podcast, where Nick Helm and Huge Davies pose F.Q.F-like questions to movie-mad comedians.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.