Here are the answers to our quiz from 11th November 2022 – how did you do?
1. “Life in space is impossible” is the tagline for which Sandra Bullock movie?
Gravity (would have been funny if it was Hope Floats though)
2. 1999 – In Fight Club, what is the second rule of Fight Club?
“You do not talk about Fight Club” (same as the first)
3. Born this week! Who plays Calvin Candie in Django Unchained?
4. In Heathers, Winona Ryder plays a character called Heather – true or false?
False – she plays Veronica Sawyer
5. Which horror remake is based on a 2002 Japanese film, also directed by Takashi Shimizu?
The Grudge (as in Ju-On: The Grudge)
6. Who plays actor Phoenix Buchanan in Paddington 2?
7. Castor Troy is the villain in which action movie?
8. Also born this week! Who connects the 1990s films Indecent Proposal, Disclosure, and Striptease?
9. In which supernatural horror film does Nicole Kidman play mother-of-two Grace Stewart?
10. Complete the title of the British film that’s back in cinemas for its 40th anniversary – The Draughtsman’s…
11. Which B-movie director is the subject of Tim Burton’s 1994 biopic of the same name?
Ed Wood, in Ed Wood
12. In Son Of Rambow, Bill Milner and Will Poulter make an unofficial sequel to which 1982 action movie?
13. How many Psychopaths feature in screenwriter Colin Farrell’s next film, in the 2012 comedy of the same name?
Seven, as in Seven Psychopaths
14. Who plays director Bobby Bowfinger in 1999’s Bowfinger?
15. “Make ‘Em Laugh” is a song from which 1952 MGM musical?
Singin’ In The Rain
16. Released in 2011, what was the most recent black-and-white film to win a Best Picture Oscar?
17. Wes Craven’s New Nightmare is the seventh film in which horror movie series?
A Nightmare On Elm Street
18. Who plays infamous movie director Tommy Wiseau in 2017’s The Disaster Artist?
19. “Would that it were so simple” is a repeated quote from which 2016 Coen brothers movie?
20. In which 2011 film do a group of young filmmakers create a zombie film called The Case?
21. Nibia, Wakanda, and Zamunda are all fictional countries on what continent?
Africa (in Ace Ventura, Black Panther, and Coming To America, respectively)
22. Luke Jackson is the title character in which 1967 prison movie?
Cool Hand Luke
23. Who connects the 1990s films Desperado, Dogma, and From Dusk Til Dawn?
24. In which 2006 comedy do Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, James McAvoy, and Elaine Tan make up a University Challenge team?
Starter For Ten
25. What piece of furniture comes next in this sequence – Liam Neeson > Tilda Swinton > …?
A wardrobe plays the wardrobe, in The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
26. In the news! Which The Suicide Squad director has started his new role as CEO for Creative Development at DC Studios?
27. Which Australian star plays Queen Elizabeth I in 1998’s Elizabeth and its sequel?
28. What connects the title characters of the films Balto, Cujo, and Shiloh?
They’re all good dogs
29. Who directed 2021’s Last Night In Soho?
30. And finally, which of the three Iron Man movies features a cameo from Phoney Stark himself, Elon Musk?
Iron Man 2
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.