Here are the answers to our quiz from 13th January 2023 – how did you do?
1. Who plays Jamal Malik in Slumdog Millionaire?
2. Inspector Jacques Clouseau is a character in which long-running comedy franchise?
The Pink Panther
3. Born this week, which Hemsworth brother plays Gale Hawthorne in the Hunger Games movies?
4. What game features prominently in Molly’s Game?
5. Which MGM musical theme song makes a very unapproved appearance in A Clockwork Orange?
“Singin’ In The Rain”
6. Complete the title of the new Sam Mendes-directed film: Empire Of… what?
7. Which sci-fi war movie pits the United Citizen Federation against alien Arachnids?
8. Also born this week, who directed 2005’s The Devil’s Rejects?
9. How many Taken movies have been released to date?
10. According to the title of a British comedy, how much is Gregory Peck’s Note worth in sterling?
£1 million, in The Million Pound Note
11. Who does Cate Blanchett play in Elizabeth and its sequel – Queen Elizabeth I or Queen Elizabeth II?
Queen Elizabeth I
12. What is the full title of the fourth Indiana Jones movie?
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
13. Blanchett won her first Oscar for portraying which real-life Oscar winner?
Katharine Hepburn, in The Aviator
14. In Thor: Ragnarok, Blanchett’s character Hela is the Asgardian goddess of… what?
15. In which action comedy does Blanchett cameo as a forensic investigator called Janine?
16. What is the name of the elf queen that Blanchett plays in Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth movies?
17. 2007’s I’m Not There is a loose biopic about which American singer-songwriter?
18. What character name completes Blanchett’s second Oscar-winning role – Blue…?
Jasmine, as in Blue Jasmine
19. Wicked stepmother Lady Tremaine is a character in which Disney live-action remake?
20. Other than Blanchett, who connects the 2000s films Notes On A Scandal and The Shipping News?
Judi Dench co-stars in both films
21. In the news! Ridley Scott is set to direct a sequel to which 2000 film?
Gladiator – more on that here
22. Who plays CIA operative Evelyn Salt in 2010’s Salt?
23. Which 1990s film goes after Body, Red, and The to make the names of three different movies?
Heat, as in Body Heat, Red Heat, and The Heat
24. “There can be only one” is a tagline and quote from which 1980s fantasy movie?
25. Also in cinemas! The British folk horror movie Enys Men is in which native, non-English language?
26. Who connects the 1980s films Stripes, Splash, and Spaceballs?
27. In which 2003 comedy film do Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear play conjoined twin brothers?
Stuck On You
28. Saidoweizu is a 2009 Japanese remake of which American road-trip comedy?
29. What name connects the actors Fox, Gale, and Mullally?
Megan (not to be confused with M3gan)
30. And finally, in what decade was the most recent Friday The 13th movie first released?
The 2000s – Platinum Dunes’ remake was released in 2009 and that’s the last we’ve seen of Jason Voorhees on the big screen to date…
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.