Here are the answers to our quiz from 24th June 2022 – how did you do?
1. In which decade is The Great Escape set?
2. What is the full title of the second live-action Transformers film?
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
3. Born this week, who connects the 2010s films Aquaman, Bombshell, and Paddington?
4. Which star of Throw Momma From The Train also directed the film – Billy Crystal or Danny DeVito?
5. Which sci-fi comedy connects Julianne Moore, David Duchovny, Orlando Jones, and Seann William Scott?
6. Also born this week, who plays Alex Murphy in 1987’s RoboCop?
7. Complete the title of the Lin Manuel Miranda musical adaptation – In The…
8. Which Nicolas Cage fantasy film reimagines Wim Wenders’ Wings Of Desire in 1990s Los Angeles?
City Of Angels
9. Who plays an elderly Sherlock Holmes in Mr Holmes?
10. Which hip hop group contributed “Fight The Power” to the soundtrack of Do The Right Thing?
11. First seen in Toy Story, which fictional restaurant’s delivery van appears as an Easter egg in various Pixar movies?
12. Which toy is voiced by Jim Varney in the first two films and Blake Clark from Toy Story 3 onwards?
13. Which galactic emperor is Buzz Lightyear’s nemesis (and possibly his dad too)?
14. Who provides the voice of Canadian stuntman Duke Kaboom in Toy Story 4?
15. What’s the name of the boy who lives next door to Andy in Toy Story?
16. Which singer-songwriter composed the soundtracks for all four Toy Story movies, including songs such as “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”?
17. Which character is voiced by Tony Hale in Toy Story 4 – Forky or Spoony?
18. Which James Bond actor voices Mr Pricklepants the hedgehog in Toy Story 3 and 4?
19. In Toy Story 2, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, and Stinky Pete are all characters from which 1950s TV show?
20. How many eyes does each Little Green Man alien toy have?
21. Which comedy sequel connects directors Ben Stiller, Barbra Streisand, and Robert De Niro?
They all act in Meet The Fockers
22. In which fictional US city are the Superman movies predominantly set?
23. Who plays trainee narcotics detective Jake Hoyt in 2001’s Training Day?
24. Which Baz Luhrmann film connects the films Mad Max, Muriel’s Wedding, and Mr Nice Guy?
Australia (because they’re all set there)
25. Sheriff Will Kane is the main character in which 1952 Western?
26. Who directed 1998’s Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels?
27. England, Emmanuelle, and Columbus are the three most recent features in which 31-film franchise?
Carry On (as in Carry On England, Carry On Emmanuelle, and Carry On Columbus)
28. Who won an Oscar for her role as Velma Kelly in 2002’s Chicago?
29. What is Indiana Jones’ real first name?
Henry (after Henry Jones Sr)
30. And finally, what specifically connects 2017’s The Big Sick, 1997’s Private Parts, and 1977’s The Greatest?
They’re all films in which the lead actor plays themselves – Kumail Nanjiani, Howard Stern, and Muhammad Ali, respectively.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.