Here are the answers to our quiz from 29th September 2023 – how did you do?
1. First published this week 86 years ago, which novel has film adaptations called An Unexpected Journey, The Desolation Of Smaug, and The Battle Of The Five Armies?
2. Which actor is buried in the single-location thriller Buried?
3. Including spin-offs and this week’s new release, how many Saw movies have been released to date?
10, as in Saw X
4. Born this week, who plays Lizzie Maguire in 2003’s The Lizzie Maguire Movie?
5. Mary Jensen is the title character of which romantic comedy?
There’s Something About Mary
6. In Oliver!, which famous Oliver plays Bill Sykes?
7. In which decade is Billy Elliot primarily set?
8. Also born this week, whose characters include Aaron Davis, Lando Calrissian, and Simba?
Donald Glover, in the Spider-Man movies, Solo: A Star Wars Story, and 2019’s The Lion King, respectively
9. Which British movie trilogy follows Kuno Becker as Newcastle United footballer Santiago Munez?
10. Who is the only actor who appears in both 1990’s Flatliners and its remake?
Kiefer Sutherland (and depending on whether or not you count a deleted scene from the 2017 film, he’s playing the same character)
11. Steven Spielberg directed two 1993 movies – Jurassic Park and which Best Picture Oscar winner?
12. Complete the title of the animated feature – Batman: Mask Of The…?
13. In Hocus Pocus, the Sanderson sisters are played by Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy, and… whom?
14. “Hang on” is the tagline for which Sylvester Stallone-starring action thriller?
15. According to the title of a 1993 horror sequel, who Goes To Hell: Freddy or Jason?
Jason, as in Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday
16. Tom Hanks won a Best Actor Oscar for Philadelphia, but which US city was the setting for his other top-10 box-office hit of 1993?
Seattle, as in Sleepless In Seattle
17. What is the full title of the 1993 sequel to The Addams Family?
Addams Family Values
18. Which British actor plays Lubdan the leprechaun in Leprechaun and its sequels?
19. Complete the title of Gurinder Chadha’s directorial debut – Bhaji On The…
20. What title connects a 1993 live-action movie and the highest-grossing animated movie of 2023?
“Super Mario Bros”, as in Super Mario Bros and The Super Mario Bros Movie
21. “You’ve gotta ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?” Which 1971 movie features this famous quote?
22. In cinemas now! Skye, Rubble, and Mayor Humdinger are all characters in which animated franchise?
23. What profession connects the protagonists of Seven Psychopaths, State And Main, and Sunset Boulevard?
They’re all screenwriters (up the WGA!)
24. Dafne Keen plays Logan’s clone Laura a.k.a. X-23 in Logan, but who plays the clone X-24?
25. Which 1980s spoof comedy’s poster depicts cows wearing wellies?
26. Which 1973 British thriller connects Donald Sutherland, Julie Christie, and a haunting in Venice?
Don’t Look Now
27. Also in cinemas now! The Old Oak is reportedly the final film by which British director?
28. What word goes after Café, High, and Polite to make the titles of three different movies?
Society, as in 2016’s Café Society, 1956’s High Society, and 2023’s Polite Society
29. What kind of animal is Wilbur in the 1973 animated film Charlotte’s Web?
He’s a pig
30. And finally, who was born earliest – Benicio del Toro or Guillermo del Toro (no relation)?
Guillermo del Toro, by 3 years
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.