Here are the answers to our quiz from 2nd December 2022 – how did you do?
1. Flushed Away is a collaboration between DreamWorks and which British animation studio?
2. What title connects a 1982 film starring Kurt Russell and its prequel starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead?
3. Born this week, which pop star plays the lead role in the 2002 teen movie Crossroads?
4. The Two Jakes is the sequel to which 1970s noir drama?
5. Complete the title of the teen comedy starring Hailee Steinfeld – The Edge Of…
6. Who plays Mahatma Gandhi in Gandhi?
7. Which David Fincher-directed biopic stars Gary Oldman as the screenwriter of Citizen Kane?
8. How many Rush Hour movies have been released to date?
9. Who directed the horror film The Devil’s Backbone?
Guillermo del Toro
10. In Back To The Future, what is Doc Brown’s first name?
11. Which Oscar-nominated song opens and closes The Muppet Movie?
12. In Muppets Most Wanted, what is the name of the world’s most dangerous frog?
13. Which Muppet movie connects Brooke Shields, Joan Rivers, and Liza Minnelli?
They all cameo in The Muppets Take Manhattan
14. On TV, which two James Bonds have hosted either The Muppet Show or Muppets Tonight? (2 points)
Roger Moore (The Muppet Show, 1980) and Pierce Brosnan (Muppets Tonight, 1997)
15. What is the name of the London hotel where the Muppets stay in The Great Muppet Caper?
The Happiness Hotel
16. Which movie star hosts the Muppets’ telethon in 2011’s The Muppets?
17. According to Muppets From Space, which of the regular Muppets is From Space?
18. Which Scottish actor plays Billy Bones in Muppet Treasure Island?
19. Which Rocky sequel features a cameo by Kermit the Frog?
Rocky III (“It’s The Muppet Show, with our very special guest star, Rocky Balboa!”)
20. In The Muppet Christmas Carol, how many ghosts visit Scrooge altogether?
5 (Christmases Past, Present, and Yet to Come, plus Jacob AND Robert Marley)
21. In the news! Who plays Willow in 1988’s Willow and its new Disney+ sequel series?
22. What nationality connects Adam Driver, Lady Gaga, and Jared Leto’s characters in 2021’s House Of Gucci?
They’re Italian (sort of)
23. Who plays Rollergirl in 1997’s Boogie Nights?
24. “You stay classy, San Diego” is a repeated quote from which comedy?
Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy
25. In cinemas this week! Which new Christmassy action film stars David Harbour as Santa Claus?
26. Complete the classic tagline for 1980’s The Shining – “All work and no play…”
“… makes Jack a dull boy.”
27. William Munny is the main character in which 1990s western?
28. MTV Films and Nickelodeon Movies are both divisions of which Hollywood movie studio?
29. Which real-life figure connects the 2010s films All Is True, Anonymous, and Bill?
They all feature William Shakespeare as a character
30. And finally – back in cinemas this week for its 80th anniversary, which classic film do Harry and Sally watch in bed while talking on the phone in When Harry Met Sally?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.