Here are the answers to our quiz from 2nd June 2023 – how did you do?
1. Poseidon is a remake of which longer-titled 1970s disaster movie?
The Poseidon Adventure
2. What is the name of the killer doll in Child’s Play and its sequels?
3. Which Batman actor famously said of Batman & Robin – “I think we killed the franchise”?
4. “Wilkommen”, “Maybe This Time”, and “Tomorrow Belongs To Me” are all songs from which movie musical adaptation?
5. According to the title of an American monster movie sequel, who is King Of The Monsters: Godzilla or Kong?
Godzilla, as in Godzilla: King Of The Monsters
6. In which blockbusting romantic comedy does Julia Roberts play Vivian Ward?
7. In The Purge and its sequels, all crime is legal on one night, once a year, for how many hours?
8. Born this week, who plays Lorraine Baines McFly in the Back To The Future trilogy?
9. Plan 9 From Outer Space is a film by which director in the biopic of the same name?
Ed Wood, as in Ed Wood
10. Which 1970s Best Picture Oscar winner has a sequel with none of the original cast and a 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes?
11. What is the name of the teenage main character in the animated Spider-Verse movies?
12. Which villain does Alfred Molina play in Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man: No Way Home?
13. Who comes next in this Spidey sequence – Rosemary Harris > Sally Field > …?
Marisa Tomei – these are the live-action Aunt Mays
14. What is the name of the newspaper that buys Peter Parker’s photos of Spider-Man?
The Daily Bugle
15. Which character connects Bryce Dallas Howard, Hailee Steinfeld, and Emma Stone?
Gwen Stacy, in Spider-Man 3, the Spider-Verse movies, and the Amazing Spider-Man movies respectively
16. Born this week in 1996, who first appeared as Peter Parker in Captain America: Civil War?
17. Max Dillon is the alter-ego of which of Spider-Man’s adversaries?
18. Who is the appropriately named director of The Amazing Spider-Man and its sequel?
19. Which bridge in London is the location for the climactic battle in Spider-Man: Far From Home?
20. Whose Spider-Man movie roles include a bus driver, a school librarian, and a shop clerk?
Stan Lee, in Avengers: Infinity War, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Into The Spider-Verse, respectively
21. 1998’s Antz is the first CG-animated feature produced by which studio?
22. Whose only film acting role of the 1980s was Hannibal Lecter in Manhunter?
23. In The Seventh Seal, Max von Sydow famously plays what board game with Death?
24. Who was born earliest – Jennifer Hudson or Kate Hudson (no relation)?
Kate Hudson, by 2 years
25. Which 2007 sci-fi movie goes after Little Miss and before Cleaning to make the titles of two other movies released one year either side?
Sunshine, as in 2006’s Little Miss Sunshine and 2008’s Sunshine Cleaning
26. In Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth movies, which character is played at different ages by Ian Holm and Martin Freeman?
They both play Bilbo Baggins
27. Back in cinemas this week! Dickinson and Sawyer are the surnames of the title characters in which Ridley Scott-directed movie?
Thelma & Louise
28. Which sport features prominently in Friday Night Lights and its spin-off TV series?
29. Who connects the 2010s comedies Hall Pass, Horrible Bosses, and We’re The Millers?
30. And finally, what is the title of the 2001 sequel to 1997’s Kiss The Girls, also starring Morgan Freeman as Detective Alex Cross?
Along Came A Spider
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.