Here are the answers to our quiz from 4th November 2022 – how did you do?
1. Who plays Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody?
2. Back in cinemas this week for its 30th anniversary, which film’s title character is called Frank Farmer?
3. Who wrote and directed Weird Science?
4. What is the full title of the sequel to 1998’s The Mask Of Zorro?
The Legend Of Zorro
5. In Disney’s The Fox And The Hound, which character is the fox – Copper or Tod?
Tod is the fox, Copper is the hound
6. Which teen comedy stars Emma Stone as Olive Penderghast?
7. Born this week, who plays Russian boxer Ivan Drago in the Rocky franchise?
8. In the romantic comedy of the same name, Pauline Collins plays Shirley… who?
… Valentine in Shirley Valentine
9. Which Marvel Studios movie connects Salma Hayek, Angelina Jolie, and Harry Styles?
10. Which film director plays Dr Hill in The Sixth Sense?
M. Night Shyamalan, in one of his cameos…
11. Who wrote the screenplay for Four Weddings And A Funeral?
12. How many Inbetweeners movies have been released to date?
2 (The Inbetweeners Movie in 2011 and The Inbetweeners 2 in 2014, simples.)
13. “Rubber Dinghy Rapids” is a repeated quote in which 2010 comedy?
14. Who plays Queen Anne in 2018’s The Favourite?
15. What connects the main characters in Fever Pitch, Looking For Eric, and Purely Belter?
They’re all football fans
16. Who made his directorial debut with 1994’s Shallow Grave?
17. Complete the title of the 1985 Stephen Frears film – My Beautiful… ?
18. Who plays Moses in 2011’s Attack The Block?
19. 2010’s West Is West is a sequel to which 1999 comedy drama?
East Is East
20. Which two Film4 productions have won the Oscar for Best Picture? (2 points)
Slumdog Millionaire and 12 Years A Slave
21. In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the four title characters are Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and… who?
22. What surname connects the actors Robin, Letitia, and Jeffrey?
Wright, as in Robin Wright, Letitia Wright, and Jeffrey Wright
23. In the news! Which actor confirmed he will reprise the role of Superman in future DC projects?
24. How many Angry Men make up the roster of a 1957 jury-room drama?
12, as in 12 Angry Men
25. Who connects the films Good Night And Good Luck, The Ides Of March, and The Monuments Men?
They’re all films directed by George Clooney
26. “Everything Is Awesome” is a song from which animated movie?
The LEGO Movie
27. Which Oscar winner is the famous daughter of Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd?
28. Also in the news! Crystal Lake is a forthcoming TV prequel to which horror film franchise?
Friday The 13th
29. What title connects a 1984 film directed by David Lynch and a 2021 film directed by Denis Villeneuve?
30. And finally, which actor played ATF agent Ray Nicolette in two different films by two different directors, both in the same year?
Michael Keaton, who appears as Nicolette in both of 1998’s Elmore Leonard adaptations Jackie Brown and Out Of Sight
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.