Here are the answers to our quiz from 9th June 2023 – how did you do?
1. Which neo-noir comedy stars Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling as its title characters?
The Nice Guys
2. Born this week, who plays Dr “Bones” McCoy in 2009’s Star Trek and its sequels?
3. What is the full title of the third Harry Potter film?
Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
4. Tracy Turnblad is a character in which comedy, back in cinemas this week for its 35th anniversary?
5. “They’re not 21 anymore” is the tagline to which comedy sequel?
22 Jump Street
6. Who plays former US Army Ranger Cameron Poe in Con Air?
7. Complete the title – Transformers: Rise Of The… what?
8. Clint Eastwood directed the classic western A Fistful Of Dollars – true or false?
False – Sergio Leone directed, Clint only starred in it
9. Also born this week, Natalie Hershlag is the real name of which Oscar winner?
10. What type of vehicle teeters over a cliff edge in the literal cliffhanger ending of The Italian Job?
It’s a bus/coach
11. What is the name of the demonic clown in the It movies?
12. Which director connects The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and The Mist?
Frank Darabont directed all three
13. Which Stephen King title connects a 1984 film starring Drew Barrymore and a 2022 remake starring Ryan Kiera Armstrong?
14. Who plays Ben Richards in 1987’s The Running Man?
15. Rob Reiner’s production company Castle Rock is named after the fictional town in which 1986 coming-of-age film?
Stand By Me
16. Who plays gunslinger Roland Deschain in 2017’s The Dark Tower?
17. “Sometimes, dead is better” is a quote from both the 1989 and 2019 adaptations of which King story?
18. Who plays Wendy Torrance in 1980’s The Shining?
19. Urban Harvest, The Gathering, and Fields Of Terror are all direct-to-video film sequels to which King adaptation?
Children Of The Corn
20. Which year of the 1980s saw the King adaptations Christine, Cujo, and The Dead Zone released in US cinemas?
They were all released in 1983
21. What comes next in this sequence: The Dark World > Ragnarok > …?
Love & Thunder – these are all Thor sequels
22. Who plays Tony Montana in 1983’s Scarface?
23. Which 2007 teen comedy has main characters named after screenwriters Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg?
24. What profession connects the main characters in Blow Dry, Shampoo, and You Don’t Mess With The Zohan?
They’re all hairdressers
25. Who was born earliest – Kevin Smith or Will Smith (no relation)?
Will Smith (by 2 years)
26. What word goes before Crime, Identity, and Romance to make the names of three different 1990s movies?
True, as in True Crime, True Identity, and True Romance
27. Who plays Alfred Hitchcock in the 2012 biopic Hitchcock?
28. Which 2022 horror movie connects Georgina Campbell, Bill Skarsgård, and Justin Long?
29. In which US city does Ferris Bueller enjoy a day off in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?
30. And finally, which pop-culture retail chain takes its name from a 1956 sci-fi film “starring” Robby the Robot?
Forbidden Planet, as in Forbidden Planet
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.