Martin Scorsese’s After Hours marks the debut of the Criterion Collection on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in the UK: more here.
Now here’s some very, very welcome news for collectors of physical media, in particular the burgeoning 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format. The Criterion Collection, which had been supporting the 4K format in the US for well over a year, is finally going to be doing the same in the UK.
The first Criterion title to get a native 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray UK release will be Martin Scorsese’s After Hours, it’s been announced. It’ll also be arriving on Blu-ray too, on October 9th.
There are extra features with the release, and these have been confirmed as the following…
- In the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
- New conversation between director Martin Scorsese and writer Fran Lebowitz
- Audio commentary featuring Scorsese, Schoonmaker, director of photography Michael Ballhaus, actor and producer Griffin Dunne, and producer Amy Robinson
- Documentary about the making of the film featuring Dunne, Robinson, Schoonmaker, and Scorsese
- New program on the look of the film featuring costume designer Rita Ryack and production designer Jeffrey Townsend
- Deleted scenes
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by critic Sheila O’Malley
- New cover by Drusilla Adeline/Sister Hyde
You can find out more on it, and order a copy, right here. Hopefully, the floodgates to Criterion 4K disc releases are now very much open…
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Follow Film Stories on Twitter here, and on Facebook here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.
- What do we actually want from HMV?
As HMV reopens stores in Birmingham and London, a few thoughts on some of the pushback the chain seems to be getting.
In December 2018, the entertainment chain HMV went into administration for a second time, with seemingly no way forward for the business. Stock was being sold off, and there was no prospect of a [...]
- UK Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Steelbook release date calendar
A glimpse at upcoming UK Steelbook release dates until early 2024: here’s what’s getting the fancy treatment and when.
The incredibly fancy (and, truth be told, a little more expensive) Steelbook format is the only choice for those needing a physical media release that doubles as a table tennis bat in a pinch. If that's you, [...]
- U-571 is coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
2000's U-571 is coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in the UK this September, with extra features too: more details here.
A film that attracted no shortage of controversy in the UK on its original release, submarine thriller U-571 earned ire for its rewriting of World War II history. Starring Matthew McConaughey and the late Bill [...]
- Thelma & Louise confirmed for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in the UK
The Criterion Collection confirms that Ridley Scott's Thelma & Louise is getting a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release in the UK.
The very welcome move from the Criterion Collection to expand into 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc releases in the UK continues into 2024, with the confirmation that Ridley Scott’s Thelma & Louise is set to [...]
- The Prince Of Egypt coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in the UK
One of DreamWorks Animation's most enduring hits - The Prince Of Egypt - is coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in the UK for the first time.