Fantastic Beasts 2 is coming to disc, with an extended cut. Details here.
Warner Bros has officially announced the home release of arguably the biggest British film to be released last year, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald.
The JK Rowling-penned Harry Potter spin-off, the second of five planned Fantastic Beasts films, will be on digital download from March 9th, and the on disc formats – 4K, Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray and DVD – from March 18th.
Extras-wise, there looks on paper to be a reasonably smattering of goods on the Blu-ray and 4K releases. As per the official press release, we’re getting:
- K. Rowling: A World Revealed
- Wizards on Screen, Fans in Real Life
- Distinctly Dumbledore
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: The Return to Hogwarts
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Newt’s Menagerie
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Credence, Nagini and the Circus Arcanus
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Paris and Place Cachée
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Ministere des Affaires Magiques
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Grindelwald’s Escape and the Ring of Fire
- Deleted Scenes
For those opting for the DVD though, you get just one of those features, the ‘Ministere des Affaires Magiques’ feature. Smashing.
The box art also promises an extended cut of the film. Here’ the 4K box as proof.
If you want to preorder, you can support our humble little enterprise by using the following link: https://amzn.to/2HcTnte. Thanking you muchly.
Please support our print film magazine. Subscribe to Film Stories and get back issues here.