Neill Blomkamp’s District 9 has been chosen for release on Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray, and it’s set to arrive in UK stores this October.
Whilst we were away last week, Sony confirmed that it was set to launch the wonderful Whiplash on the Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray format in the UK. That movie is set for September. And it’s also now adding to its release roster Neill Blomkamp’s acclaimed science fiction thriller District 9.
The film, headlined by Sharlto Copley, was nominated for Best Picture at the 2009 Oscars, and it’ll be landing on the 4K disc format in the UK from October 19th. There are no prominent new extra features that we can see, but the packed Blu-ray edition will also be included in the package. The full list of extras thus reads as follows (duly lifted from the press release, complete with those little TM symbols):
4K ULTRA HD BONUS FEATURES:
- Comic-Con Extravaganza Featurette
- Original Theatrical Trailers
BLU-RAY™ BONUS FEATURES:
- Hours of Archival Special Features Including:
- Deleted Scenes
- Director’s Commentary
- The Alien Agenda: A Filmmaker’s Log – Three-Part Documentary
- Metamorphosis: The Transformation of Wikus
- Innovation: Acting and Improvisation
- Conception and Design: Creating the World of District 9
- Alien Generation: Visual Effects
- Joburg from Above: Interactive Map of Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9
The film us due to go up for preorder shortly. Prawns not included.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.