“I’m not even supposed to be here today!” This week’s film quiz centres on the movies of Kevin Smith and also covers topics including singers, sequels, and siblings.
Kevin Smith has never claimed to be one of the great filmmakers, but he’s built up quite a filmography as a director, a writer, and an occasional actor. And as Clerks III marks the end of a trilogy, (read my full review here) so this week’s quiz marks the life and work of our second-favourite actor-director called Kevin. You know the drill, it’s the weekend, so please enjoy 30 questions (“In a row?”) on subjects ranging from Smith films to non-Smith films.
Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. Snootchie bootchies!
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
- 2015 – Who plays the dual roles of Reggie and Ronnie Kray in Legend?
- 1963 – Which Alfred Hitchcock thriller connects Tippi Hedren, Rod Taylor, and Jessica Tandy?
- 2001 – LAPD officer Brian O’Connor is a major character in which film franchise?
- 2022 – In cinemas this week! Moonage Daydream is a documentary about which singer?
- 1994 – Which film comes next in this sequence: The Hunt For Red October > Patriot Games > ?
- 1997/2017 – Who plays Queen Victoria in both Mrs Brown and Victoria And Abdul?
- 1978 – In which decade is Grease set?
- 2004 – “I love lamp” is a quote from which comedy movie?
- 1958 – Born this week, who connects the 1990s films Bound, Bullets Over Broadway, and Bride Of Chucky?
- 1986 – Which 1982 horror movie has a sequel called The Other Side?
ROUND TWO – The Kevin Smith Round
- In which US state is Kevin Smith’s View Askewniverse largely set?
- Alanis Morissette plays God in in 1999’s Dogma, but who plays her voice, Metatron?
- What type of animal is the mascot of Mooby’s, the fictional fast-food chain in Clerks II?
- Which serial cameo artist has a memorable early acting role playing himself in 1995’s Mallrats?
- In which 2007 action sequel does Smith have a cameo as computer hacker “Warlock”?
- Which duo Strike Back in 2001 and had their Reboot in 2020?
- In Zack And Miri Make A Porno, Seth Rogen plays Zack and who plays Miri?
- Which 2011 horror film features the fanatical Five Points Trinity Church?
- In which Marvel movie does Smith cameo as a forensic assistant called Jack Kirby?
- Co-starring with his daughter Lily-Rose, who plays French-Canadian detective Guy LaPointe in Tusk and Yoga Hosers?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
- Which 2007 sci-fi horror film has the tagline “The last man on Earth is not alone”?
- Which of the four Beatles co-founded the British movie studio HandMade Films in 1978?
- In the news! Pixar has announced it’s making a sequel to which 2015 movie?
- Also in cinemas this week! Which two Ocean’s Eleven stars reunite in the new romantic comedy Ticket To Paradise?
- Who is older – David Arquette or Patricia Arquette?
- How many films are there in The Twilight Saga?
- Who connects the 1980s movies The ‘Burbs, Return Of The Jedi, and When Harry Met Sally…?
- Which member of the X-Men shares his name with a 2014 neo-noir thriller?
- Cornelius Crane Chase is the real name of which actor?
- And finally, what goes after 13, 48, and 127 to make the titles of three different films?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz! When you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page) and let us know how you scored in the comments below.
We’ll be back next Friday with another quiz, but until then, don’t forget to check out our new film quiz podcast, The Film Quiz Podcast, in which quizmasters Nick Helm and Huge Davies challenge comedians and special guests to prove their movie trivia mettle.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.