The latest issue of the world’s only print film magazine for young film fans – that’s also written by them – is now up for preorder.
I’m delighted to introduce the brand new issue of Film Stories Junior, a magazine of which we’re hugely proud.
If you’re new to the publication, it’s a 52 page print magazine aimed at younger film fans (around 7 to 14 years old), and it’s also mainly written by them too. The young writers come up with the majority of the ideas, the words are theirs, and they’re paid (in vouchers, that we pay for) for their work.
It’s a bit of an interview special too, given that we’ve had four young reporters talking to four different people involved in film – you can read more about that below!
We sell this magazine via subscription and mail order, and we’ve introduced a new gift subscription too. If there’s a young film fan in your life you want to give the gift of reading and the movies to, then our gift pack includes a welcome letter, the new issue, a further surprise back issue from our archives, and the next four editions of the magazine. You can find the offer here.
As for the new issue? Well, let’s start with the cover, and then we’ll tell you more of what’s in it…
In the latest issue then…
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS BY OUR YOUNG REPORTERS!
- Goro Miyazaki tells us about Studio Ghibli’s new hero
- Kelly Marie Tran chats to us about The Croods 2 and Star Wars
- Nina Hartstone tells us about movie sound and winning an Oscar!
- Madeline Sharafian on making the Pixar short film, Burrow
- Into Film your reviewers special
- Siblings in films
- The rules of a family movie night
- World building in the movies
- Disney and beauty standards
- Disney Channel movie recommendations
- Wonder Woman 1984 thoughts
- The Mandalorian: better than the recent Star Wars films?
- You’re never too late/early for Christmas movies!
- Looking ahead to Cinderella
- Writing film reviews
- Editing in the movies
And much more!
The magazine is aimed at film fans aged 7-14, and the films covered within it are certificates U, PG and 12A. You can find our online store here, or buttons to buy the magazine should magically appear below these words.
Oh, and we’re on the lookout now for writers for our next issue, that’s due in late May/ early June 2021. Our email address is junior at filmstories co uk!
Thank you so much for your support.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.