The 1990 hit Flatliners – not its 2017 remake – is coming to the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format in August: more details here.
Must confess, didn’t see this one come. The late director Joel Schumacher’s 1990 hit Flatliners is getting a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray physical media release this summer.
The film, which stars Julia Roberts, Kiefer Sutherland and Kevin Bacon, follows a group of medical students who experiment with what happens when somebody dies. The answer, without giving too much away, is ‘stuff’.
The film was unsuccessfully remade a few years ago, but let’s gloss over that version. Instead, the original will now be getting its posh re-release on August 1st 2022, with a whole host of new extra features.
You can find the listing for the film and order a copy here.
And here’s that list of extra features…
- Brand new audio commentary by critics Bryan Reesman and Max Evry
• The Conquest of our Generation, a brand new video interview with screenwriter Peter Filardi
• Visions of Light, a brand new video interview with director of photography Jan de Bont and chief lighting technician Edward Ayer
• Hereafter, a brand new video interview with first assistant director John Kretchmer
• Restoration, a brand new video interview with production designer Eugenio Zanetti and art director Larry Lundy
• Atonement, a brand new video interview with composer James Newton Howard and orchestrator Chris Boardman
• Dressing for Character, a brand new interview with costume designer Susan Becker
• Theatrical trailer
• Image gallery
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Follow Film Stories on Twitter here, and on Facebook here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.
- What do we actually want from HMV?
As HMV reopens stores in Birmingham and London, a few thoughts on some of the pushback the chain seems to be getting.
In December 2018, the entertainment chain HMV went into administration for a second time, with seemingly no way forward for the business. Stock was being sold off, and there was no prospect of a [...]
- UK Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Steelbook release date calendar
A glimpse at upcoming UK Steelbook release dates until early 2024: here’s what’s getting the fancy treatment and when.
The incredibly fancy (and, truth be told, a little more expensive) Steelbook format is the only choice for those needing a physical media release that doubles as a table tennis bat in a pinch. If that's you, [...]
- U-571 is coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
2000's U-571 is coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in the UK this September, with extra features too: more details here.
A film that attracted no shortage of controversy in the UK on its original release, submarine thriller U-571 earned ire for its rewriting of World War II history. Starring Matthew McConaughey and the late Bill [...]
- Thelma & Louise confirmed for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in the UK
The Criterion Collection confirms that Ridley Scott's Thelma & Louise is getting a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release in the UK.
The very welcome move from the Criterion Collection to expand into 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc releases in the UK continues into 2024, with the confirmation that Ridley Scott’s Thelma & Louise is set to [...]
- The Super Mario Bros Movie coming to DVD, Blu-ray, 4K UHD in July
The Super Mario Bros Movie is getting its UK disc release this summer, with a mix of DVD, Blu-ray, 4K disc and collector's options.
Top of the box office charts for 2023, and by some distance, is The Super Mario Bros Movie, the spiritual successor to the 1993 live action version. Sort of.
Birthed via a partnership [...]