Jennifer Kent’s The Babadook is to get a deluxe 4K Ultra Blu-ray release – and more details of the package that’s heading our way are here.
As had been previously teased by the brilliant Second Sight label, Jennifer Kent’s modern horror classic The Babadook is coming to the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format.
It’s getting quite the deluxe release too, with both a 4K and a Blu-ray disc in the box, a rigid slipcase with new artwork, and a 150 page hardback book. Oh, and six art cards are included too.
The set is due for release on 21st June 2021, and at the moment it’s only available to order from the Second Sight website. You can find the listing here.
We’ll leave you with the full list of extra features.
- Audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
- This is my House: a new interview with Actor Essie Davis
- The Sister: a new interview with Actor Hayley McElhinney
- Don’t Let It In: a new interview with Producer Kristina Ceyton
- Conjuring Nightmares: a new interview Producer Kristian Moliere
- Shaping Darkness: a new interview with Editor Simon Njoo
- If It’s in a Name or in a Look: a new interview with Production Designer Alex Holmes
- The Bookmaker: a new interview with the book designer Alexander Juhasz
- Ba-Ba-Ba…Dook!: a new interview with Composer Jed Kurzel
- Monster: Jennifer Kent’s original short film
- They Call Him Mister Babadook: The Making Of
- There’s No Place Like Home: Creating The House
- Special Effects: Stabbing Scene
- The Stunts
- Illustrating Evil: Creating the Book
- English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired
More on the release as we hear it.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.