Here are the answers to our quiz from 15th April 2022 – how did you do?
1. Who plays Captain Hook in Hook?
2. “You’ve got red on you” is a famous quote from which British comedy movie?
Shaun Of The Dead
3. Born this week, whose characters include Dracula, Gaston, and Bard The Bowman?
Luke Evans (in Dracula Untold, Beauty & The Beast, and the Hobbit movies, respectively)
4. In which post-apocalyptic action film do Tom Cruise and Andrea Riseborough play a maintenance team on an abandoned Earth?
5. Mewtwo Strikes Back is the subtitle of which anime movie?
Pokémon: The First Movie
6. Who plays Bridget Jones in Bridget Jones’s Diary and its sequels?
7. Which British animation studio was founded in Bristol 50 years ago this week?
8. Who made their screen debut the earliest – Godzilla or King Kong?
King Kong (RKO’s King Kong was released in 1933, while Toho’s Godzilla came out in 1954)
9. Also born this week, Abigail Breslin was Oscar-nominated for playing Olive Hoover in which 2006 comedy?
Little Miss Sunshine
10. Which of the Spice Girls cameos as Jason Statham’s mum in Crank 2: High Voltage?
Geri Halliwell plays Karen Chelios in a flashback scene
11. “They’ll never get caught. They’re on a mission from God.” (1980)
The Blues Brothers
12. “With wings on their heels and hope in their hearts” (1981)
Chariots Of Fire
13. “Man is the warmest place to hide.” (1982)
14. “He loved the American Dream. With a vengeance.” (1983)
15. “Does for rock and roll what The Sound Of Music did for hills.” (1984)
This Is Spinal Tap
16. “If you can’t get a date, make one!” (1985)
17. “He’s survived the most hostile and primitive land known to man. Now all he’s got to do is make it through a week in New York.” (1986)
18. “The future of law enforcement.” (1987)
19. “He’s guaranteed to put some life in your afterlife.” (1988)
20. “The dancing’s over. Now it gets dirty.” (1989)
21. Who directed the films The Cable Guy, Zoolander, and Tropic Thunder?
22. Complete the title of the 1995 threequel – Die Hard With A…
23. Which 2007 mystery thriller stars Jim Carrey as an animal control officer who is vexed by two digits?
The Number 23
24. Which singer-songwriter is the subject of the 1993 music biopic What’s Love Got To Do With It?
25. Judy Hopps is the main character in which Disney animated movie of the 2010s?
26. 2017’s The Disaster Artist is about the making of which infamous 2003 indie film?
27. What word goes after Mystic, Red, and Wind to make the name of three different films?
River (as in 2003’s Mystic River, 1948’s Red River, and 2017’s Wind River)
28. Which 1981 car-racing comedy connects Burt Reynolds, Roger Moore, and Jackie Chan?
The Cannonball Run
29. What is the name of Jafar’s parrot, voiced by Gilbert Gottfried in 1992’s Aladdin?
30. And finally, which 2018 film follows an Easter egg hunt inside a massive multiplayer simulation called the OASIS?
Ready Player One
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.