Here are the answers to our quiz from 15th September 2023 – how did you do?
1. In cinemas now! What is the full title of Kenneth Branagh’s third outing as Hercule Poirot?
A Haunting In Venice
2. What is Rick Deckard’s occupation in the sci-fi film of the same name?
He’s a blade runner, in Blade Runner
3. What surname connects the characters Ronnie and Reggie, both played by Tom Hardy in Legend?
4. Born this week, who directed and starred in the neo-western The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada?
Tommy Lee Jones
5. In what decade is Bonnie And Clyde set?
6. Which fast-food chain features prominently in the Morgan Spurlock documentary Super Size Me?
7. Complete the title of the Steven Soderbergh-directed drama: Sex, Lies And… what?
8. Norman Babcock is the title character in which animated horror comedy?
9. Also born this week, who connects the films Brokeback Mountain, My Week With Marilyn, and The Fabelmans?
10. Family Plot is the final feature directed by which filmmaker?
11. Who won a Best Actress Oscar for playing various Evelyn Wangs in Everything Everywhere All At Once?
12. Who has played the real-life figures John Wilmot, John Dillinger, and J.M. Barrie on screen?
Johnny Depp (in The Libertine, Public Enemies, and Finding Neverland, respectively)
13. Who provides the voice of the Fairy Godmother in Shrek 2: Dawn French or Jennifer Saunders?
14. Who connects the 1980s films Platoon, The Last Temptation Of Christ, and To Live And Die In L.A.?
15. Who plays Buddy’s father Pa, based on Kenneth Branagh’s own dad, in Branagh’s 2022 film Belfast?
16. Who was Oscar-nominated for her roles in American Beauty, Being Julia, and The Kids Are Alright?
17. Who provides the voice of Olaf in Disney’s Frozen franchise?
18. Who plays rock star Aldous Snow in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him To The Greek?
19. Who sings on the soundtracks of the movies Grease 2, The Fabulous Baker Boys, and The Prince Of Egypt?
20. Who is the only actor with a speaking role in every James Bond movie from GoldenEye to Spectre?
21. In the news! Black Manta is a villain in which comic book movie and its upcoming sequel?
22. As seen on the film’s iconic poster, how many men are included in the identity parade line-up in The Usual Suspects?
23. What name goes before Jones, Sawyer, and Thumb to make the titles of three different movies?
Tom, as in 1963’s Tom Jones, 1973’s Tom Sawyer, and 1958’s Tom Thumb
24. “Forget it, Donny, you’re out of your element” is a famous quote from which 1998 comedy?
The Big Lebowski
25. Who was born earliest – Robert Pattinson or Kristen Stewart?
Robert Pattinson, by 4 years
26. Also in the news! Which UK TV channel has picked up the rights to broadcast next year’s Oscars ceremony, after Sky dropped out?
ITV – read more on that here
27. Which 1966 film connects Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Wallach?
They play The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, respectively
28. “Falling Slowly” is a song from which 2007 movie musical?
29. The Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas is set in Rock Vegas – in which fictional town is the first Flintstones movie set?
30. And finally, who plays Hercule Poirot in 1979’s Death On The Nile, 1982’s Evil Under The Sun, and 1988’s Appointment With Death?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.