Here are the answers to our quiz from 29th April 2022 – how did you do?
1. Featuring the returning character Sam Gerard, U.S. Marshals is a spin-off from which Oscar-nominated thriller?
2. Who plays Sarah Marshall in Forgetting Sarah Marshall?
3. In Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, what type of animal is Miami’s missing football mascot Snowflake?
A dolphin, as in the Miami Dolphins
4. Which of the six lead Avengers cast-members didn’t make their Marvel movie debut until The Avengers?
Mark Ruffalo, as Bruce Banner/Hulk (Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye has a cameo in 2011’s Thor)
5. “This has to be the match of the day” is the tagline for which Scottish coming-of-age comedy?
6. In cinemas this week! A New Era is the sequel to which 2019 TV spin-off?
7. Who plays Alexander Dane aka Dr Lazarus in Galaxy Quest?
8. Born this week in 1958, who acts and sings in the films Grease 2, The Fabulous Baker Boys, and 2007’s Hairspray?
9. Which thriller finds Dustin Hoffman and Rene Russo on the trail of a virus-carrying capuchin monkey?
10. In 1993’s Hot Shots! Part Deux, which real-life father-and-son duo tell each other “I loved you in Wall Street”?
Martin and Charlie Sheen
11. Demi Moore’s first major role (1982) and South Korea’s first Best Picture Oscar winner (2019)
12. Brian De Palma rolls two ones (1998) and G.I. Joe rolls out a spin-off (2021)
13. Jason Patrick gets this from heroin (1991) and Chris Hemsworth gets this from driving (2013)
14. Klaus Kinski is stuck with a black mamba (1981) and Tom Hardy is stuck to some black goo (2018)
15. Two cops try not to get offed by criminals before retirement (1986) and criminals retire a weapon that offed two cops (2006)
16. Federico Fellini’s semi-autobiographical drama (1972) and Alfonso Cuarón’s semi-autobiographical drama (2018)
17. James Caan stars in a crime comedy caper (1973) and James Gunn directs a gross-out creature feature (2006)
18. Don Ameche tries to gain entry to Hell (1943) and Warren Beatty tries to escape paradise (1978)
Heaven Can Wait
19. A young boy defends his pet bull in Mexico (1956) and Jodie Foster turns vigilante in New York (2007)
The Brave One
20. A historical British drama starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw (2013) and a futuristic Japanese anime set in a virtual world (2021)
21. Which singer is the subject of the 2019 biopic Rocketman?
22. In which 2013 action horror film does Brad Pitt play UN investigator Gerry Lane?
World War Z
23. Complete the title of the 2010 romantic comedy – Eat Pray…
24. Who connects the 1990s films Ghost, The Player, and Sister Act?
25. Which working title for 1996’s Scream was later used by its 2000 spoof instead?
26. Maurice Micklewhite is the real name of which British actor?
27. In which 2002 drama does Edward Norton play a convicted drug dealer on his last day before going to prison?
28. Who plays technical field agent Benji Dunn in the Mission: Impossible movies?
29. In the news! Which stage musical’s long-awaited movie adaptation will be released in two instalments in 2024 and 2025?
Wicked – more on that here…
30. And finally, which director connects The Blues Brothers, Vanilla Sky, and Austin Powers In Goldmember?
Steven Spielberg, who has cameo appearances in all three films.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.