Here are the answers to our quiz from 6th January 2023 – how did you do?
1. “You can’t handle the truth” is a famous quote from which legal drama?
A Few Good Men
2. Which English author is the subject of the biopic Miss Potter?
3. Born this week, who directed 2018’s A Star Is Born?
4. Which sci-fi film franchise’s tenth instalment is subtitled Nemesis?
Star Trek, as in Star Trek: Nemesis
5. Which neo-Western vampire horror film marked Kathryn Bigelow’s solo directorial debut?
6. In which film does Meryl Streep play Margaret Thatcher?
The Iron Lady
7. What type of creature features prominently in Arachnophobia?
8. Which video-game adaptation connects Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, and Jeremy Irons?
9. Also born this week, who connects the 1990s films Father Of The Bride, The First Wives Club, and Manhattan Murder Mystery?
10. In cinemas now! What title connects a 1976 Dirty Harry sequel and a new action movie starring Antonio Banderas?
They’re both called The Enforcer
11. A heartbroken Al Pacino kisses John Cazale at midnight. (1974)
The Godfather Part II (“I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart.”)
12. Renée Zellweger resolves to drink less and quit smoking. (2001)
Bridget Jones’s Diary
13. Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy lose big on frozen concentrated orange juice. (1983)
14. Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta-Jones steal $8 billion in Kuala Lumpur. (1999)
15. Shirley MacLaine says ‘shut up and deal’. (1960)
16. The Statue of Liberty walks through Manhattan to the sound of Jackie Wilson. (1989)
Ghostbusters II (“Your love, lifting me higher…”)
17. Gene Hackman leads surviving cruise guests through a capsized liner. (1972)
The Poseidon Adventure
18. Ice Cube drives two mischievous kids to their mother in Canada. (2005)
Are We There Yet?
19. Frank Sinatra and friends take advantage of a blackout in Las Vegas (1960, also)
Ocean’s 11 (the original)
20. A train crosses Yekatertina Bridge as it journeys around the frozen Earth. (2013)
21. Also in cinemas now! Which late singing superstar does Naomi Ackie play in the biopic I Wanna Dance With Somebody?
22. Kevin, Stuart, and Bob are the main characters in which 2015 animated film?
23. What name connects characters in M*A*S*H, The Last Of The Mohicans, and The Avengers?
Hawkeye (played by Donald Sutherland, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Jeremy Renner, respectively)
24. How many Jumanji movies have been released to date?
3 (the 1995 original was followed by 2017’s Welcome To The Jungle and 2019’s The Next Level)
25. In the news! Which Hollywood studio topped 2022’s annual box-office takings for the seventh year running?
26. What title connects Edward Woodward and Queen Latifah on TV and Denzel Washington at the movies?
They’re the Equalizers in different versions of The Equalizer
27. In the Mary Poppins films, the handle of Mary Poppins’ umbrella is shaped like what bird’s head?
A parrot (it talks like one too)
28. In which comedy does George Clooney play convict and unwitting country-music star Ulysses Everett McGill?
O Brother Where Art Thou
29. Who connects the 1980s romantic comedies Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, and The Pick-Up Artist?
30. And finally, which X-Men sequel suggests that in the far-off future of 2023, mutants and humans alike will be overrun by robotic Sentinels?
That’s the grim forecast of X-Men: Days Of Future Past – happy New Year everyone!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.