Here are the answers to our quiz from 8th July 2022 – how did you do?
1. Which band play themselves in the comedy film A Hard Day’s Night?
2. Which John Boorman-directed fantasy film is named after King Arthur’s sword?
3. Who plays bad boy Patrick Verona in 10 Things I Hate About You?
4. Where do Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn go to work in the very product-placement-friendly comedy The Internship?
5. Born this week, who plays Vesper Lynd in 2006’s Casino Royale?
6. Full Throttle is the sequel to which action comedy?
7. Which sport features prominently in the Farrelly brothers comedy Kingpin?
8. Aileen Quinn is best known for playing the 10-year-old title character of which movie musical?
9. Which Stephen King adaptation connects Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, and Toby Jones?
10. Also born this week, which 1980s teen movie star do the Guardians Of The Galaxy call Earth’s mightiest hero?
Kevin Bacon (from Footloose!)
11. In which 1994 action movie did Natalie Portman make her feature film debut as Mathilda Lando?
Léon: The Professional (or just Léon if you’re feeling very UK-based)
12. In which UK city is 2006’s V For Vendetta primarily set?
13. Who directed Portman in the 2007 film The Darjeeling Limited and its short prologue Hotel Chevalier?
14. What is Jackie’s surname in the 2016 biopic of the same name?
Kennedy, as in First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy
15. “Who’s the movie star?” The Social Network makes a veiled reference to Portman being a real-life alumnus of which American university?
16. Which 2010 psychological thriller won Portman a Best Actress Oscar?
17. Who plays Portman’s character’s stepfather in Heat – Al Pacino or Robert De Niro?
18. In which US state is 2004’s Garden State primarily set?
19. Which sci-fi comedy stars Portman, Glenn Close, and Jack Nicholson as the First Family of the United States?
20. Complete the title of the 2016 western – Jane Got A…
21. Disney’s Baymax! is a spin-off series based on which 2014 animated film?
Big Hero 6
22. Which actor’s real-life characters include J. Edgar Hoover, Howard Hughes, and Jordan Belfort?
23. Which 1974 disaster movie revolves around a fire at San Francisco’s 138-storey Glass Tower?
The Towering Inferno
24. In cinemas this week! Who plays “Dr Who” in the 1965 film spin-off Dr Who And The Daleks?
25. Which 2020 film comes next in this sequence – In The Loop > The Death Of Stalin > …?
The Personal History Of David Copperfield (these are the films Armando Iannucci has directed to date)
26. Who plays the Disney villain Maleficent in 2014’s Maleficent and its sequel?
27. Which St Bernard dog connects two theatrical films and six direct-to-video sequels released between 1992 and 2014?
Beethoven, in Beethoven
28. Netflix’s period drama Persuasion is an adaptation of which English author’s final novel?
29. Who connects the 2010s films The Fighter, The Big Short, and Le Mans ’66?
30. And finally, outgoing UK prime minister Boris Johnson has repeatedly compared himself to Mayor Larry Vaughn, a character from which 1970s blockbuster?
Jaws (Bye bye, Boris.)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.