Next week sees the return of Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+, so this week’s film quiz is all about things Star Wars.
There’s been a lot of Star Wars in the news this week, with Lucasfilm unfurling some of its plans for future films and TV shows as part of the press around the imminent Obi Wan Kenobi series. And it’s been a minute since we’ve done one of these single-theme film quizzes, so here’s 30 questions covering everything from “the Skywalker saga” to the spin-offs.
Once you’ve completed this trilogy of trivia, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. Hopefully, we’ll have no bad feelings about this…
ROUND ONE – The Original Trilogy
A long time ago… let’s start with 10 questions about Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi…
- Complete the title of the 1977 film – Star Wars Episode IV…
- “Do or do not, there is no try” is a quote by which character?
- Who plays Lando Calrissian in The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi?
- How many of the original trilogy of films did George Lucas direct?
- Which character did Clive Revill originally play in The Empire Strikes Back?
- Who shoots Greedo in the Mos Eisley Cantina on Tattooine?
- Which hand does Luke lose at the end of The Empire Strikes Back – his left or his right?
- Born this week in 1944, 7-foot-tall Peter Mayhew plays which character in the original trilogy?
- In Return Of The Jedi, “Yub Nub” is a celebratory song composed by which race of aliens?
- Which character speaks the first line of dialogue in the original trilogy?
ROUND TWO – Sith Happens
A slightly longer time ago… how well do you remember The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones, Revenge Of The Sith, and other Star Wars Stories?
- What dangerous sport features prominently in The Phantom Menace?
- Who plays Count Dooku in Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith?
- In Revenge Of The Sith, what ecological feature the planet Mustafar most notable for?
- Who plays Death Star architect Galen Erso in Rogue One?
- In The Phantom Menace, the Galactic Senate has alien delegates from which 1982 non-Star Wars film?
- Which of the prequels narrowly avoided a 12A in UK cinemas by cutting a scene where Jango Fett headbutts Obi-Wan Kenobi?
- Padmé Amidala and Jar Jar Binks are both from which planet?
- What is the name of the cyborg Separatist general featured in Clone Wars and Revenge Of The Sith?
- Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were the original directors of 2018’s Solo: A Star Wars Story – which Oscar winner replaced them during production?
- At the end of Revenge Of The Sith, which twin is born first – Luke or Leia?
ROUND THREE – Somehow, Star Wars Returned…
Finally, a round on everything that’s gone on since the Battle of Endor – The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, The Rise Of Skywalker, and the odd question about spin-offs too.
- What is the name of Poe Dameron’s chirpy ball-shaped droid in the sequel trilogy?
- Which returning original trilogy character pops up in The Mandalorian Season 2 and leads his own self-titled spin-off series as of 2021?
- Who plays reformed First Order Stormtrooper Finn in all three sequels?
- What is Kylo Ren’s real name?
- Which composer cameos in The Rise Of Skywalker as eye-patch-wearing bartender Oma Tres?
- What colour is the first lightsaber Rey makes, glimpsed at the very end of The Rise Of Skywalker?
- Which Simpsons character is the protagonist in the 2021 Star Wars Day short The Force Awakens From Its Nap?
- Which British comedy star plays First Order Captain Peavey in The Last Jedi?
- Which original trilogy star is top-billed in the cast credits of The Rise Of Skywalker?
- And finally, what connects Daniel Craig, Prince Harry, and Jamie Oliver’s cameos in the sequel trilogy?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll be back next Friday with another quiz, but until then, let us know your scores did in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.