In this week’s film quiz, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: “Do I feel lucky?” Well, do ya, punk? Good luck.
As usual, we’ve got 30 questions about movies, with the key difference being that 10 of them are also quotes from those movies. On either side of that round, a selection of trivial teasers about movies old and new, on subjects ranging from TV-to-film spin-offs to foreign-language remakes of American films, with the odd movie-star birthday thrown in for good measure.
Once you’ve finished all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. Any questions? Cos we’ve got a few…
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
- 2022 – In cinemas this week, what is the title of director Jordan Peele’s new film?
- 1954 – Born this week, Sam J. Jones is best known for playing which 1980s movie hero?
- 2013 – Complete the title of the TV-to-film spin-off – Alan Partridge: …?
- 1988 – Who plays Zamundan king Jaffe Joffer in Coming To America?
- 1971 – “Cheer Up Charlie” is a song from which musical fantasy film?
- 1951 – What colour suit does Alec Guinness invent in an Ealing comedy caper?
- 1996 – What type of animal is Flipper, in Flipper?
- 1962 – Also born this week, who plays Evelyn Wang in Everything Everywhere All At Once?
- 2016 – Which techno-thriller stars Emma Roberts and Dave Franco as contestants in a deadly game of dares?
- 2003 – Which Pirates Of The Caribbean character is the subject of a comedy hip hop track by The Lonely Island and Michael Bolton?
ROUND TWO – You Talking To Me?
Well, Taxi Driver isn’t in this round, so you must be talking to me. But can you name the movie from a quotable question and the year it was released?
- “Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?” (1937)
- “But I’m funny how? I mean, funny like I’m a clown? I amuse you?” (1990)
- “Honey, where’s my super suit?” (2004)
- “Mrs Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me, aren’t you?” (1967)
- “What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?” (2007)
- “Where does he get those wonderful toys?” (1989)
- “Wanna know the most annoying sound in the world?” (1994)
- “Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?” (1987)
- “You know how to whistle, don’t you, Steve?” (1944)
- “I have nipples, Greg – could you milk me?” (2000)
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
- Austin Butler plays the title role in which 2022 music biopic?
- How many Pitch Perfect films have been released to date?
- New Line Cinema is a division of which movie studio?
- Who provides the voice of Wreck-It Ralph in Wreck-It Ralph and its sequel?
- Also in cinemas this week! The 2022 Hindi film Laal Singh Chaddha is a remake of which 1990s Best Picture Oscar winner?
- Who connects the 2010s films Baby Driver, Horrible Bosses, and Just Mercy?
- According to the tagline of his 1933 movie, which monster is “The Eighth Wonder Of The World”?
- Which animated franchise features characters called Sid, Manny, and Diego?
- Who plays Adrian Balboa in the Rocky movies?
- And finally, Orson Welles and Mads Mikkelsen played the same character in two different films with the same title, released in 1967 and 2006 – what is the title?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll be back next Friday with another quiz, but until then, share your scores in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.