Here are the answers to our quiz from 24th March 2023 – how did you do?
1. Born this week, who plays James Bond in The Living Daylights?
2. Mother’s Day has been and gone, but which horror movie features the famous quote “A boy’s best friend is his mother”?
3. What is the name of the Spartan king played by Gerard Butler in 300?
4. In Charlotte’s Web, what type of animal is Charlotte?
She’s a spider (the pig is called Wilbur, if you went wrong there)
5. Including this week’s new release, how many John Wick movies have been released to date?
4, as in John Wick: Chapter 4
6. Who plays mall cop Paul Blart in Paul Blart: Mall Cop and its sequel?
7. On its original release, which movie musical overtook Gone With The Wind as the highest-grossing film of all time at the worldwide box office?
The Sound Of Music
8. In The Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen comes from which of Panem’s 12 districts?
9. Which white flower gives its name to an epic drama directed by Paul Thomas Anderson?
Magnolia, as in Magnolia
10. Also born this week, which Oscar winner connects the 2010s horror films Mama, Crimson Peak, and It: Chapter Two?
11. Which Madonna song is the subject of the opening dialogue in Reservoir Dogs?
“Like A Virgin”
12. Who won Best Supporting Actor Oscars for both Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained?
Christoph Waltz, as Hans Landa and Dr King Schultz, respectively
13. The first screenplay Tarantino sold became a 1993 film directed by Tony Scott – which film?
14. Who plays Jackie Brown in Jackie Brown?
15. Which of the two Kill Bill films features a cameo by Samuel L. Jackson – Volume 1 or Volume 2?
He’s in Volume 2 as the organist at the Bride’s wedding
16. Ringo and Yolanda are the first speaking characters in which crime movie?
Pulp Fiction (they go by Pumpkin and Honey Bunny)
17. Who connects the characters Randy Miller, John Ruth, and Stuntman Mike McKay?
Kurt Russell, in Death Proof, The Hateful Eight, and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, respectively
18. For which 2005 film is Quentin Tarantino credited as a “Guest Director” alongside top-billed directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller?
19. Which real-life figure does Mike Moh play in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood?
20. In which 2000 Adam Sandler comedy does Tarantino play a blind street preacher?
21. In the news! Paramount+ has announced it’s making a sequel to which 1990s comedy starring Kenan and Kel?
22. In Finding Nemo, what is the day job of the man who collects Nemo for his office aquarium?
He’s a dentist
23. Who is older – Dennis Quaid or Jack Quaid?
Dennis Quaid (he’s Jack’s dad)
24. In what decade is 1987’s Dirty Dancing set?
25. What number goes after Death Race, Dracula, and Fantasia to make the titles of three other films?
2000, as in Death Race 2000, Dracula 2000, and Fantasia 2000
26. Complete the title of the 2014 weepie – The Fault In Our…?
27. Bastian Bux is the main character in which 1980s fantasy film?
The NeverEnding Story
28. In which Brazilian city is 2002’s City Of God set?
Rio de Janeiro
29. Which famous Jane plays Jane in 1977’s Fun With Dick And Jane?
30. And finally, which horror movie has sequels subtitled Texas Blood Money and The Hangman’s Daughter?
From Dusk Till Dawn
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.