The latest Mission: Impossible film is coming to digital services in October, and physical media in November. UK release details here.
It may have had its screen space squeezed by the likes of Barbie and Oppenheimer, but surely in any other summer, lots of us would have been to see the hugely entertaining Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part I lots of times.
It’s the movie that throws everything at Tom Cruise, from chip fat to a very famous motorcycle stunt, and for fellow residents of Birmingham there’s the added entertainment of seeing Birmingham New Street Station dressed up as, well, not Birmingham New Street Station.
Anyway! Too much waffling. This post is in danger of being one of those news stories that takes 500 words to get to the sodding point. The film’s UK home release details have been confirmed, and here are your options.
Firstly, the download and keep version is landing on October 11th 2023, across all the usual stores.
Secondly, the physical media option follows on November 6th 2023. It’s going to be on DVD, Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Steelbook too. You can find the listing for the film here, if you want more information.
On Blu-ray and 4K, there are extra features too. This little lot, in fact…
- Commentary by director Christopher McQuarrie and editor Eddie Hamilton—McQuarrie and Hamilton take viewers through each compelling scene with in-depth commentary.
- Abu Dhabi—Explore the exotic filming locations in the desert and at the international airport and discover how each thrilling sequence was shot.
- Rome—Take a behind-the-scenes look at the thrilling car chase through Italy’s historic capital, as Tom Cruise’s driving skills are pushed to the limit while handcuffed to Hayley Atwell!
- Venice—See the breathtaking city of Venice as it’s never been shown on film. Plus, witness the cast’s dedication and commitment to their training as they prepare to get “Mission Ready.”
- Freefall—An extended behind-the-scenes look at one of the biggest stunts in cinema history. Watch never-before-seen footage of the rigorous training as Tom launches a motorcycle off a cliff.
- Speed Flying—Join Tom and the crew as they explain the various training techniques involved in pulling off the dangerous speed flying stunts in the film.
- Train—See how the climactic train sequence was captured on film. From building an actual train from scratch to crashing it using practical effects, you don’t want to miss this!
- Deleted Shots Montage—Director Christopher McQuarrie and editor Eddie Hamilton share some of the breathtaking, never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final film. (Digital* Only)
- Editorial Featurette: The Sevastopol—Director Christopher McQuarrie and editor Eddie Hamilton take viewers through the intense opening scene. (Digital* Only)
As you can see, some of those extras are only for the digital version, but there’s a lot here to pick from. Preorders are already underway…
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.